Causes Of Male Hair Loss

(Last Updated On: August 2, 2017)

Why Am I Losing My Hair

Hair loss can affect men (and women) at any age, it is thought that up to 95% of all male hairloss in Ireland is caused by a condition called Male Pattern looking-in-mirrorBaldness ( AKA Androgenetic Alopecia). The other 5% of cases are caused by external causes including stress, general health, diet and exposure or reactions to some medications.

How Can I Identify Male Pattern Baldness

This is one of the easier problems to identify as it usually follows a quite predictable pattern.

Initially the front hairline begins to recede, often at the temples and the brow, it will also begin to get thinner at the area surrounding the crown, often leaving the back and sides with good strong hair growth.



What Actually Causes Male Pattern Baldness

The problem is caused by male hormones (called Androgens) affecting the function of he hair follicles. It is a genetic problem and generally occurs when testsosterone is converted into another compound called DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) by a natutally occurring enzyme 5-alpha reductase. The resulting DHT affects the follicles, initially disrupting and slowing the hair production until it ceases all together.

My Father Went Bald – Does His Mean That I Will Too?

Hair loss is often genetic and generally if the older males in your family have suffered from hairloss; then there is every likelihood that you will follow suit. It’s not totally genetic however and will also be dependant on general health and things such as natural testosterone levels.

Can Male Pattern Baldness Be Treated

The answer to this question is a resounding yes – you don’t have to sit back and accept hairloss if you don’t want to, there are some highly effective ways to control hairloss and in many cases promote healthy regrowth.

It has been clinically proven that reducing the levels of DHT and boosting bloodflow to the scalp can help trigger new growth and strengthen follicular activity.

Do I Need A Hair Transplant

Many men do undergo this form of treatment but it is not suitable for all andprofollica_icon002_300x400.gif does come with a heavy price tag, there are some highly efficient non surgical treatments that are far more affordable and non invasive that have been proven to reduce DHT levels and trigger strong hair re-growth.

One reputable product originates from the USA, called Profollica, it is now available throughout Ireland and offers a sensibly priced, non surgical way of restoring hair back to its former glory without the need for painful or expensive hair transplanting surgery.

More Information On Profollica

Read Our Full Profollica Review

The information in this website is for advice and guidance only. It is based on my own intensive research and personal experiences, and is not intended in any way to replace professional medical advice, or to diagnose or treat any health conditions. All rights reserved.